When ideas eventually fall into place there is this delightful rush of excitement and anticipation… and in the case of deadlines, a small patch of relief. This morning, a bunch of things that have been floating around my head came together and I finally have a concept for the rest of semester’s work. Now everyone else shall suffer through my excitement.
The trouble with proposals is to be defined enough to have direction without being so specific as to lock yourself in… ideas need space to evolve as you work and I find it better if I’m not devoted to something very particular from the start. I think I may have something that is the right level of vagueness and solidity.
Enough of this elusive, ambiguous rambling! Here’s a page from my sketchbook from a while back when I was tired of all this conceptualising and just wanted to paint something pretty, dammit.
- jonathanojeda likes this
- vivete-liberamente reblogged this from cadillacsandliquourbottles
- cadillacsandliquourbottles reblogged this from eyes-like-amber
- eyes-like-amber reblogged this from a-new-and-different-sun
- eyes-like-amber likes this
- pixiechild-urchin likes this
- a-new-and-different-sun reblogged this from lightcrush
- a-new-and-different-sun likes this
- porcelainblonde likes this
- sol--sum likes this
- lightcrush posted this